Pinnacle Parent Portal Please remember that a blank box just means I haven't entered a grade yet; nothing is wrong. X means they were excused from that assignment. Z is the bad news - a missing assignment (that can be turned in late for full credit).
Online Textbook Resource We don’t follow their books in order, but they make a great family math resource. Your username (corvallis), and password (corvallismath) give you access to all three grade levels.
Proficiency Grading is based on mastery of the national Common Core math standards. The weekly quizzes are 80% of the grade – the other 20% comes from homework (3 assignments per week), notes and learning log entries.
- Notes are written in the math spiral during class.
- Learning logs are in-class written reflections. Students choose between writing in their math spiral, or typing a response on their ipad and independently retrieving the printed entry from the library printer.
- Homework assignments must show their work, with all errors corrected.
- Quizzes are weekly with no time limit. Half of each quiz covers a specified math skill, and half of the quiz reflects the previous homework.
- No Calculators are allowed on quizzes.
- Late homework is accepted within a reasonable amount of time.
- Any Quiz below 85% can be retaken once if the errors on the first quiz are legibly corrected, and the corresponding homework is completed. The highest score a student can earn on a retake is 85%. The second score is the final score, since it’s the most recent snapshot of their ability.
- The Cheldelin grade scale is 90-100% A, 80-89% B, 70-79% C.
Common Core Mathematical Practices
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.